Tennis Elbow treatment cairns
AcupAcupuncture Palm Coveuncture Tennis Elbow Cairns
Acupuncture may be able to help with the pain and discomfort associated with tennis elbow or lateral elbow pain. We may place acupuncture needles into the sore area which decreases the inflammation and pain by attracting blood to the area. The blood has macrophages and other factors that help with healing and repair. The acupuncture effectively speeds up the healing process. We may use rocktape after the treatment or massage your forearm and arm to further help fix this problem. We may need a series of treatments – maybe four treatments depending on the severity of the pain and levels of inflammation.
The lateral epicondyle of the humerus, a bony prominence on the outside of the elbow, is the common site of attachment for most of the extensor muscles of the forearm Tennis elbow is a painful inflammation of the tendon on the lateral aspect of the elbow, caused by the pull of the muscles, which extend the wrist and fingers.
How does tennis elbow begin?
- Strain from repeated, forceful wrist extension (eg. gripping tennis racquet during a shot), causing degeneration and inflammation of the associated tendons.
What are the symptoms of tennis elbow usually –
- Pain is felt mainly at the outer part of the elbow, it may also radiate upwards along the upper arm, or downwards along the outside of the forearm.
- Grip strength is affected, causing problems with carrying things. In some cases light tasks, such as picking up a glass of water, are enough to precipitate pain.
- A distinct tender point is elicited by pressure or percussion over the lateral epicondyle or just distal to it.
- Pain occurs over the lateral epicondyle when with resisted wrist extension or third finger extension. These signs strongly suggest a diagnosis of ‘tennis elbow’.
acupuncture tennis elbow cairns
Please phone Tanya Galvin on 0408 054 538 or email email@example.com
tennis elbow cairns
acupuncture tennis elbow cairns
The beginning of Cairns Acupuncture –
This is a story that started in Victoria, went all over the world and came back and landed in Cairns –
After Graduating from her Bachelor of Health Science – Traditional Chinese Medicine: Acupuncture (with honours!!) Tanya Galvin opened Synergy Acupuncture clinic in 2002 in Shepparton, Victoria.
In 2008 Tanya traveled the world working as an Acupuncturist, hypnotherapist, kinesiologist, spa therapist and Massage therapist on Cruise Ships around the world for Royal Carribean and Princess Cruise lines.
After five promotions to bigger and better cruise ships as a reward for doing a great job she decided to settle back in Australia.
Cairns Acupuncture was born….Tanya now uses all her treatment modalities to run a successful and busy clinical practice!
Please phone Tanya on 0408 054 538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
acupuncture tennis elbow cairns / acupuncture tennis elbow cairns / acupuncture tennis elbow cairns
Acupuncture Palm Cove / Acupuncture Palm Cove / Acupuncture Palm Cove / Acupuncture Palm Cove / Acupuncture Palm Cove / Acupuncture Palm Cove
Acupuncture Palm Cove / Acupuncture Palm Cove / Acupuncture Palm Cove /
- No categories