Fertility Clinic Cairns
Cairns Fertility Treatment Clinics – Hi there, we are an Acupuncture clinic with a special interest in Fertility.
Please call Tanya Galvin on 0408 054 538 or email email@example.com
Acupuncture is an ancient medical practice that has been used for centuries to treat various health conditions, including fertility problems. In Cairns, acupuncture has gained popularity among couples struggling with infertility as an effective and non-invasive treatment option.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine, sterile needles into specific points on the body, which helps to stimulate the flow of energy or Qi. By targeting the reproductive organs and hormonal system, acupuncture can help to regulate menstrual cycles, improve ovarian function, and increase blood flow to the uterus, all of which can improve fertility.
A fertility clinic is a medical facility that specializes in diagnosing and treating infertility in individuals and couples who are having difficulty conceiving a child. The main role of a fertility clinic is to provide comprehensive reproductive care and assist individuals or couples in their journey to achieve pregnancy.
Fertility clinics offer a wide range of services and procedures, including:
- Diagnostic Testing: Fertility clinics perform various tests and evaluations to identify the cause of infertility. These tests may include hormonal assessments, semen analysis, ultrasound imaging, hysterosalpingography (HSG), genetic testing, and more.
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART): Fertility clinics are known for providing ART procedures, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT), and intrauterine insemination (IUI). These procedures involve the manipulation of eggs, sperm, or embryos to facilitate conception.
- Fertility Medications: Fertility clinics may prescribe medications to stimulate ovulation, regulate hormonal imbalances, or enhance fertility.
- Surgical Interventions: In some cases, fertility clinics may perform surgical procedures, such as laparoscopy or hysteroscopy, to correct structural abnormalities in the reproductive organs that could be affecting fertility.
Cairns Fertility Treatment Clinics
Now, regarding acupuncture, it is an ancient Chinese medical practice that involves the insertion of thin needles into specific points on the body. While acupuncture has been used for various purposes, including pain management and stress reduction, its effectiveness in improving fertility outcomes is still a topic of debate and ongoing research.
Some studies suggest that acupuncture may have potential benefits for fertility treatments. It is believed that acupuncture can help by:
- Promoting Blood Flow: Acupuncture may enhance blood circulation to the reproductive organs, potentially improving their function and increasing the chances of successful conception.
- Reducing Stress: Infertility treatments can be emotionally and physically stressful. Acupuncture may help reduce stress and promote relaxation, potentially improving fertility outcomes.
- Balancing Hormones: Acupuncture may influence hormonal balance, which is essential for reproductive health.
- Improving IVF Success Rates: Some studies have suggested that acupuncture, when performed before and after IVF procedures, may improve the success rates of IVF cycles. It is believed that acupuncture can help by reducing uterine contractions, improving embryo implantation, and enhancing overall pregnancy rates.
Studies have shown that acupuncture can be particularly effective for couples undergoing assisted reproductive technologies (ART), such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). Acupuncture can help to reduce stress and anxiety associated with ART procedures, which can improve the chances of success. It can also help to reduce the side effects of medications used during ART procedures.
Acupuncture can also benefit men with fertility problems. It can improve sperm count, motility, and morphology, and reduce the presence of abnormal sperm. This can increase the chances of conception for couples trying to conceive naturally or through ART procedures.
In Cairns, there are many qualified and experienced acupuncturists who specialize in fertility treatment. They can work with couples to develop personalized treatment plans that address their specific needs and concerns. Acupuncture is a safe and natural treatment option that can complement other medical treatments or be used on its own.
In conclusion, if you are struggling with fertility problems in Cairns, acupuncture may be able to help. It can improve reproductive function, reduce stress, and increase the chances of success with ART procedures. Contact a qualified acupuncturist today to learn more about how acupuncture can help you achieve your fertility goals.
Some information for you –
How the ovaries, tubes and uterus work
A girl may have her first menstrual period at 12 or 13, her ovaries have nevertheless been functioning since before she was born. The eggs in each ovary were made while she was a fetus, while she was still in her mother’s uterus, when mother was between about 14 and 20 weeks pregnant.
The most eggs a woman will ever have, or have had—about seven million-is when there’s still 20 weeks to go before birth, from this time on, there will be fewer and fewer, and none will be replaced. By the time of birth there are about two million eggs left in the ovaries-a fraction of the original number. Fertility Cairns Clinic
Fertility Cairns Clinic and Cairns Fertility Treatment Clinics
The follicle becomes visible on ultrasound scanning of the ovaries at about 3 millimeters in size, a stage at which we refer to these follicles as ‘recruits’. As it grows, it secretes the ovary’s important sex hormone, estrogen.The rise in estrogen in the blood is slow at first, the pituitary gland cuts back its FSH productioiMnd this soon sorts the sheep from the goats in the ovaries. One after the other, the follicles that by bad luck lag behind their fellows run out of steam (or psH) and undergo atresia. F3y the end of the first week, just one follicle is leftcharged up with psH and with its own capacity for making estrogen (and different in its content of hormones to other follicles: for more see the box, Hormones in follicles). Fertility clinic cairns
This dominant follicle, now about 8 to 10 millimeters in diameter, will keep growing, producing more and more estrogen, until it’s mature and approaching 2 centimeters in size. (Remember that the follicle, though it now has many thousands of follicle cells, consists largely of fluid-it is, literally, a small cyst.)
Fertility clinic Cairns
How to Book an Appointment
Please follow the Book online button to book a time or check availability. Alternatively please text
0408 054 538.
The clinic is located at 111-113 McManus street Whitfield. Its in a Queenslander and the entrance if via the front door. There is an intake form to fill in in the foyer.
Please note there is a 24 hour change or appointment or cancellation or no show policy.
The full Fee applies.
Cairns Fertility Treatment Clinics